Thursday, May 28, 2020

28th May 2020- Bright Skies


Bright Skies is my response to the May project that Steve has kindly set up. I wrote this song whilst walking under a blue sky in November in Northumberland. It was a beautiful day. The words and tune just came out together. I like it when that happens. I had a difficult time matching the tune with the chords until I discovered DADGAD tuning this month. I hope that you like it. Happy May.

https://youtu.be/EeOT7SO5oqI

Bright skies, bright skies,
With the blue of your eyes,
Bright skies, light skies,
And the white clouds hanging high,
Light skies, nice skies
And the sun reflected in your eyes,
And I say, Light skies, bright skies,
Makes me want to have wings to fly.

If I had wings and I could fly,
I ‘d take to the sky,
I ‘d skim over the land,
And see the imprint made by man,
I’d skim over the sea,
And see those fishes swimming free.
Nice skies, bright skies
They make my spirits rise.

Some days are dark and grey
And heavily they weigh, upon me
But my heart flies
When I see a nice sky.

Bright Skies, light skies
They make me want to fly
They make me remember the blue of your eyes
I see all this in a nice sky.

Bright skies, light skies
They help our hearts to rise
And reach the pinnacle of the skies
All this in a nice sky
All this in bright sky
So beautiful it makes me want to cry
Nice skies, bright skies
In the blue of your eyes.