Tuesday, May 12, 2020

12th May 2020 - Nutz In May


Well, I guess I knew what to expect when asking my long-term collaborator, Tony "Ant" Wilson, to send me a May Song. I've played the video many times now and still laugh at it every single time.

Tony has kindly provided some background information to the song: "Nuts was first recorded near Beanie Hill, in Shropshire, by avid folk-song collector Cedric Blunt. Although the song has been largely ignored by all self-respecting members of the folk-community, someone has obviously added a more recent verse."

Tony somehow manages to incorporate the turning of the seasons, Benny Hill, drunken pole-dancing, girls named after months, girls named after flowers and herbs, nutters competing with squirrels, and Pink Floyd / Syd Barrett references all into one song. And then he makes a video of it - starring Fools Gold, Lara Barnes and Ken Schoch as well as his good-self! And all this during lockdown!

Tremendous fun Tony - take care marra.